By using our services, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Please read them carefully
What information do we collect?
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of the functions or activities of our business (including, but not limited to our Loyalty Program). The nature of the personal information we collect will be dependent upon your chosen level of interaction with BRANDFARM ASIA PLT, and, if you become a BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member, the degree to which you utilise BRANDFARM ASIA PLT membership and the benefits, products and services available to you under your membership.
If you become a BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member, the following information may be collected:
· your name, address, email address, year of birth, gender and contact information including, but not limited to your mobile phone number;
· primary grocery shopping location; and
· other personal information you may disclose to us when you request information from us, or that is contained in communications between us and you, including, but not limited to sensitive information.
How we collect and hold personal information
BRANDFARM ASIA PLT collects most personal information directly from you when you disclose it to us. We usually collect this type of personal information in the following ways:
· when you register on our Website to become a BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member;
· when you register on our Website to subscribe to "sample alerts";
· when you provide the personal information into forms on our Website;
· when you respond to a survey that we sent you or invited you to complete;
· when you provide information by email or in letters, documents or when you contact us via social media such as Facebook and Twitter;
· when someone refers you to us (eg: email address).
We hold personal information in electronic and hard copy files. Electronically held personal information is stored on storage media at our business premises and at the premises of our third party storage providers.
If we receive personal information which we did not request, within a reasonable period after receiving the information, we will determine whether or not we could have collected the information under the Malaysian Privacy Principles if we had requested that information. If we determine that we could not have collected the personal information and the information is not contained in a Commonwealth record, as soon as practicable but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, we will destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
Collection of statistical information from BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Website
When you visit our Website, we may also automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data does not identify you as an individual and may include:
- Your computer's IP address;
- Browser type;
- The pages you visit on our Website; and
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve the Website and Services. This data is collected anonymously and will not be used in association with any Personal Data.
Why we collect personal information and consequences of not providing it to us
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of the functions or activities of our business. For example, we collect personal information to process an application you may submit for membership on our Website, so that you can receive products offered by us (or by others via our Website), and so that you can receive other special offers from us or third parties who advertise through our Website, join our loyalty program, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition, seek employment or communicate with BRANDFARM ASIA PLT by e-mail, telephone or writing.
When you as a BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member provide us with personal information through completing your advanced profile on our Website, and when you otherwise provide us with certain personal information through the Website including but not limited to, when you complete surveys, you can obtain "points" from BRANDFARM ASIA PLT. Points can be used to redeem various rewards that we offer through the Website. If you do not provide us with personal information that is required to be provided in exchange for these rewards you will not be entitled to them.
We do not permit the use of pseudonyms by BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Members in respect of the provision of services to BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Members where it is impractical for us to deal with BRANDFARM ASIA PLT members in this way or on an anonymous basis. For example it is impractical for us to deliver goods to a BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member without knowing the member's name.
How is personal information used
BRANDFARM ASIA PLT may also use your personal information:
· to provide offers to you if you are registered as a BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member to receive information on opportunities to obtain products or services;
· to process, manage and administer the products and services BRANDFARM ASIA PLT provides to you;
· to develop processes, products and services to better meet your needs;
· to help BRANDFARM ASIA PLT manage and enhance its products and services and the opportunities to obtain products or services;
· unless requested not to by you, to promote and market other products or services of BRANDFARM ASIA PLT that you may be interested in (including, but not limited to by way of electronic direct marketing activities);
· unless requested not to by you, to send you marketing materials which promote the goods or services of a third party (including, but not limited to by way of electronic direct marketing activities);
· unless requested not to by you, to provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive information about our or any third party products and services from us, or you do not wish for us to use or disclose your personal information to third parties in order for them to market products and services to you, please notify us. Contact details are set out below. If you make such a request directly to us, we will give effect to the request within a reasonable period after the request is made. There is no fee for making such requests.
In addition, you may follow the "opt out" or "unsubscribe" procedure provided in any of our marketing communications to request not to receive any further information and/or marketing communications from us.
We may disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and also:
· to organizations who are involved with or participating in a product or service that is provided by BRANDFARM ASIA PLT or in a promotional campaign, competition or survey;
· to a related bodies corporate of Company Name to the extent permissible under the Malaysian Privacy Principles;
· to any contractor BRANDFARM ASIA PLT engages to provide services for BRANDFARM ASIA PLT including, but not limited to IT services, mailing services, distribution services, data analysis, research, advertising or consultancy services;
· to our professional advisers;
· to regulatory authorities;
· where required or authorized by law or government; and
· for any other secondary purpose where you consent to the disclosure.
We may from time to time publish information on the Website about certain BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Members. However, this information will be limited to the BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member's first name, first initial of the BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member's surname and the State the BRANDFARM ASIA PLT Member nominates in its delivery address with the post code.
In addition, BRANDFARM ASIA PLT may decide to buy or sell assets which form part of or relate to its business. In any such transaction, personal information will usually be one of the transferred assets and will be disclosed to the purchaser.
Sensitive information and health information
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed by us only for the purpose for which it was collected or a directly related secondary purpose, or as otherwise permitted by the Malaysian Privacy Principles.
Health information will only be collected, used and disclosed by us in accordance with the Malaysian Privacy Principles.
Cross-border transfers of personal information
The disclosure of information to the parties listed above may involve the transfer of your personal information to them in Malaysia or within countries in South East Asia.
If we collect any personal information from you, you explicitly consent to this transfer and agree that we are not required to take steps to ensure that the overseas recipient of the information does not breach the Malaysian Privacy Principles in relation to that information. eg: we will be using offshore data storage for backup and security.
Security of personal information
Irrespective of whether personal information is stored electronically or in hard copy form, we take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access and correction
You have a right to access personal information we hold about you, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. We will respond and comply with any such request within a reasonable period after the request is made except where the Privacy Act 1988 or the Malaysian Privacy Principles allow us to refuse to do so. There is no fee for making such a request, but we may charge a reasonable fee for providing access. We will not charge you to access personal information that we hold about you that you can access through your account on the Website if you are a BRANDFARM ASIA PLT member. You may update personal information in your "profile" via the Website.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. However, our ability to do so depends to a large extent upon the information you provide. If any personal information you provide to us changes or you discover that it is incorrect, please let us know and we will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. You may update personal information in your "profile" via the Website. In addition, our contact details are set out below.
If we correct personal information that we previously disclosed to another entity that is bound by the Malaysian Privacy Principles and you request that we notify that other entity of the correction, we will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to give that notification unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
The terms "Loyalty Program" and "Member" have the meanings given to them in the Company Website Terms and Conditions (see http://sproutme.my/terms).